One should always consume healthy food which includes all the essential ingredients which help to grow our body. I have some super delicious diet recipes which are 100% vegetarian and are extremely safe to consume on daily basis. Try out these Indian vegetarian recipes at home and I am sure you will love it.
Sweet Potato Gnocchi
I medium sweet potato
¼ silken (soft) tofu
1 ½ cup all-purpose flour, plus extra for shaping
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 cup sliced cooking onions
2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
1 bunch green kale
¼ cup dried currants
1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
juice of 1 lemon
salt and pepper
- For the gnocchi, preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Prick the whole sweet potato (skin on) with a fork and bake until tender, about an hour.
- Cool completely before making the gnocchi.
- Peel the sweet potato and puree it in a food processor with the silken tofu until smooth.
- Scoop the mixture into a bowl and stir in the flour and salt. Once the dough just comes together, turn it out onto a well-floured surface and bring it together.
- You may have to add a little more flour to achieve the proper consistency.
- The dough should hold together and not stick to well-floured hands. Divide the dough into pieces and roll it out into a rope about an inch in diameter.
- Cut gnocchi into 1-inch pieces, and place on a floured baking tray. Chill the gnocchi for 15 minutes.
- To cook the gnocchi bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the gnocchi and boil for 2 to 3 minutes, until they float to the top of the water. Drain well.
- The gnocchi can be prepared up to this stage a day ahead and stored refrigerated.
Greek Quinoa Salad
3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
¼ tsp dried oregano
1 clove garlic, smashed and finely chopped to a paste
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 cup quinoa
Kosher salt and pepper
2 cup red and yellow grape tomatoes, halved
1 cup pitted kalamata olives
2 green onions (green and pale green part), thinly sliced
2 pickled cherry peppers, diced
1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
½ English cucumber, cut into small dice
Feta, for sprinkling
- Whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, garlic and some salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Slowly whisk in the oil until emulsified.
- Let sit at room temperature while you prepare the salad to allow the flavors to meld.
- Rinse the quinoa in a strainer until the water runs clear.
- Combine the quinoa, 2 cups water, 1 tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper in a small saucepan, bring to a boil and cook until the water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl, fluff with a fork and let sit for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Add the tomatoes, olives, green onions, cherry peppers, red onions, cucumbers and dressing and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate it for at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours before serving. The longer it sits the better the flavor.
1 cup couscous
1 ½ cup boiling water
Zest and juice of 1 lemon or 2 limes
¼ cup of fresh mint leaves, sliced thinly or chopped
4 ripe tomatoes, pulp removed and set aside
Salt and pepper
- Put couscous in a medium sized bowl and cover with boiling water. Cover tightly with a piece of plastic wrap and let steam for about 10 minutes, or until couscous is tender.
- Toss with a fork and add lemon juice and zest, fresh mint, tomato pulp and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon couscous mixture into hollowed out tomatoes and serve.
So these were some delicious Indian vegetarian recipes. Try out these diet recipes at home once and I am sure you will love it.